HOSA Future Health Professionals has served over 2.8 million members since 1976. The 2017-2018 program year had 231,186 student members. The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience. Welcome to the 42nd year, Iowa HOSA Future Health Professionals!
HOSA FALL LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
October 13-14, 2019
Holiday Inn Mercy Campus
1050 6th Ave
Des Moines, IA 50314
Phone: (515) 283-0151
Greetings from Iowa HOSA! We are excited about the upcoming HOSA Fall Leadership Conference. The purpose of the conference is to enhance the leadership skills of ALL HOSA members.
We are excited to introduce Matt Jones as the motivational speaker this year.
Fall Leadership Conference Fees:
- Hotel: 120.96 / room (up to 4 students per room) Hotel Registration form is attached to this set of documents or you can call the hotel to book rooms. The block of rooms at this rate will be available until September 29, 2019.
- Registration: $90.00 per attendee. Please complete the conference registration form on the national HOSA website (www.hosa.org). NOTE: all members must be affiliated with national HOSA to register. It will cost $24 per student to affiliate with the national organization.
- Meals: Sunday evening dinner and Monday breakfast meals are included with registration.
- Transportation: All events will take place at the hotel. Chapters and their home schools are responsible for transportation to and from the conference.
- REGISTRATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 1, 2019. FEES MUST BE PAID TO IOWA HOSA – ALL FEES ARE DUE UPON OR PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TO THE CONFERENCE.
- No refunds will be given for conference registration after October 1, 2019.
- HOSA Conduct Code, Medical Liability, and Photo Release forms must be turned in upon arrival to the conference for each student, advisor and chaperones.
Conference Dress Code
Conference participants may wear blue jeans with a HOSA T-shirt or their school T-shirt. HOSA uniform is not required for fall conference.
- Sunday, October 13, Conference 5:00 PM –Curfew 11:00 PM
- Monday October 14, Conference activities 8:00 AM– 11:00 AM
All forms are available at www.iowahosa.org
- HOSA conduct code
- Medical liability release
- Photo Release Form
- Registration (www.hosa.org)
- Hotel Registration Form
If you have questions regarding conference information, please contact Dawn Fichter – firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-523-0514.